Two JMT Clients Named as Finalists for the 2013 Nonprofit Excellence Awards
JMT is pleased to congratulate two of our clients—The Bronx Defenders and The Children’s Village for being named as two of the six finalists for the 2013 New York Community Trust-New York Magazine Nonprofit Excellence Awards.
The Awards program is a collaboration of the Nonprofit Coordinating Committee of New York (NPCC), The New York Community Trust, and Philanthropy New York, and is sponsored by New York Magazine and WNYC. Now in its seventh year, the Awards program encourages excellent management and governance practices by nonprofits and honors management excellence throughout New York’s large and diverse nonprofit community. The program is open to all 501(c)3 nonprofits based in New York City, Long Island and Westchester.
The finalist organizations were chosen by the program’s 33-member expert Selection Committee for their outstanding management, focusing on Eight Areas of Nonprofit Excellence.
The Finalists are:
• The Bronx Defenders provides innovative, holistic, and client-centered criminal defense, family defense, civil legal services, social work support, and advocacy to indigent people of the Bronx.
• The Children’s Village works in partnership with families to help society’s most vulnerable children, so that they become educationally proficient, economically productive, and socially responsible members of their communities.
• BronxWorks helps individuals and families in the Bronx improve their economic and social well-being through job skills training, services for people with HIV/AIDS, preschools and summer camps, eviction prevention programs and more.
• CSH helps build housing that lets those most in need, the homeless and disabled, connect to homes, health care, jobs, and the community.
• DoSomething.org is the largest not-for-profit for young people and social change in the US. DoSomething.org encourages millions of young people to rock causes they care about – bullying, homelessness, animal welfare, and more.
• Make-A-Wish Metro New York and Western New York grants the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions.
Three winners will be announced at an Awards Presentation and Best Practices Workshop on November 21st.
Congratulations to all of the finalists, and best of luck to The Bronx Defenders and The Children’s Village!