Budgeting Tips & Tricks
However robust a system is, taking advantage of its full capabilities depends on user training and understanding. These are key elements in making your job easier, faster, and more effective. Our goal is to offer insights into simple ways your team can better optimize your budgeting and planning processes.
We’re sharing the following tips from our experts to help you get the most out of your budgeting and planning tools.
- Pivot Table Tips for Importing Data
- Tricks to Improve Your Excel-Based Budgeting
- Drop-down List
- Named Cell
- Protecting Worksheet/ Workbook
- IF Statements
- Data Validation
- Conditional Formatting
- Sum vs Subtotal and Cell Dependency
- VLookUps vs HLookUps and Transposing Data
- Accounting for Time in Excel Based Budgeting
Have additional questions regarding budgeting and planning? Contact your CAM!