Outsourced Accounting Services from JMT Consulting
Providing Just-In-Time, Right-Sized Help to PowerUP Nonprofits
PowerUP provides reliable, trusted, and expert accounting and financial services to support your nonprofit so you can focus on your mission.
We aim to become your partner and work alongside you to provide the knowledge and hands-on assistance to complete your accounting tasks. Whether ensuring upstream/downstream impacts are considered or driving best practices across tools and functions, we are committed to fostering operational excellence in your nonprofit.
What is PowerUP?
PowerUP is outsourced accounting services provided to nonprofit organizations, billed by the hour. Whether helping with day-to-day tasks after software implementation or serving as a virtual staff accountant, we are here to help.
Staffed by nonprofit accounting experts, the PowerUP solution by JMT includes assistance with:
- Accounting – JMT can assist with all general accounting services, recording transactions, making payments, processing payroll, etc.
- Reporting –With PowerUP, JMT staff will create reports and adjust custom report formats as needed. JMT will also assist with report validation, updates, and scheduling to ensure your nonprofit has the accurate data you need– when you need it.
- Analysis and Recommendations – With PowerUP, JMT will review your internal operations and systems and provide recommendations and feedback on alternative ways to achieve the desired result. We will focus on what you can do to improve now while also presenting a vision for the future.
- Data Visualization – At JMT, we have found that presenting data visualizations to specific audiences can be more compelling than submitting a detailed financial report. We can help by creating various types of graphs and charts from your systems in a more visual format.
- Audit Turnaround – JMT will perform account/sub-ledger reconciliations for your nonprofit, audit reporting, adjustments, general system clean-up, and audit preparation.
- Forecasting – Your PowerUP partners will assist your internal team with forecasting processes, including interaction with your staff and back-office systems. In addition, JMT will create supporting forecasting reporting materials and make adjustments over time.
- Budgeting – JMT can support your organization in accurately and quickly preparing your annual budget or performing budget adjustments as needed. The PowerUP staff can also support proper Budget to Actual reporting utilizing updated Budgets.
- Board Reporting – As nonprofit experts, we know preparing for Board meetings can be exhausting. The need to present information in specific ways, using specific reports in particular formats, can add tremendous pressure to limited staff. The JMT PowerUP team will ensure your team has the information you need in the appropriate form to help ensure a successful meeting.
- Policies and Procedures – JMT will provide formal documentation for processes, policies, and procedures. As we review processes and implement best practices, we will provide written documentation of any operational changes or recommendations for future reference. Whether we are updating existing materials or creating new documents, we will work to ensure information is accurate and concise.
- Education and Training – We know a well-trained staff is critical to sustaining your nonprofit. The JMT PowerUP team will provide financial system and process training to new or existing team members.
JMT Provides a Variety of Additional Services and Tools for Nonprofits Trying to Make Their Finance Departments More Effective.
In addition to the consulting services outlined on the other Services pages, JMT provides a variety of additional related tools & services for nonprofit organizations looking to make their finance departments more effective.
- Business Process Review
- Systems Technical Review
- Time and Expense Automation
- Document Management & Workflow Tools
- Software Selection Consulting
- Data Conversion
- Software Support
- Software Hosting
These and other options are provided to both existing and new nonprofit clients based on a careful evaluation of your current circumstances and long-term goals.