Speakers Include a Diverse Set of Nonprofit Experts Speaking on Industry Trends, Legal Tips, and Regulatory Changes
INNOVATE 2018 is designed to meet the needs of professionals who work in a nonprofit accounting or finance team, from new staff members to senior leadership. It has been carefully curated for attendees to walk away with a better understanding of the software they already use and get first-hand exposure to the latest nonprofit advancements and trends. INNOVATE 2018 includes 5 session tracks spanning from introductory sessions to advanced training in Abila MIP™ and Sage Intacct as well as an entire track dedicated to best practices in Financial Leadership.
This year’s keynote speaker is Adrian Bordone, Vice President of Strategic Partnerships, Guidestar. Adrian’s keynote topic– Evidence of Impact: Challenges and Opportunities in the Shift Toward Outcomes, will share insights from GuideStar and its network of partners. This session highlights the challenges and opportunities facing nonprofits in the shift toward outcomes and will cover helpful ways you can progress from planning to execution in an outcomes framework at every level of your organization.
Other speakers in the Financial Leadership track include:
- Neely D. Duncan, CPA CFE FCPA, Partner, Assurance and Consulting Services, Lane Gorman Trubitt, LLC
- Topic: Practical Magic: Taking the Mystery out of Implementing ASU 2016-14
- Russell Pomeranz: Chair Emeritus of the Workforce Professionals Training Institute (WPTI) and current Treasurer, President Emeritus of the Columbia County Historical Society, and treasurer of Jobpath.
- Topic: How the Innovative and Mission-Driven Nonprofit CFO role can transform organizations and ultimately the sector.
- Jon Dartley, Ph.D., Counsel at Perlman+Perlman, LLP
- Topic: Data Privacy and Data Security in the Age of the Data Breach – What Everyone Needs to Know and Do Today
- Kenneth R. Cerini, CPA, CFP, D.A.B.F.A. Managing Partner, Cerini Associates, LLP
- Topic: How to Survive a Government Audit
- Matthew Becker, Director – Nonprofit Industry Group, BDO USA, LLP
- Topic: Tax Reform – The Effect on Nonprofits
- Lisa M. Brauner, Partner, Head of Employment Law Practice, Perlman+Perlman, LLP
- Topic: What Nonprofits Need to Know to Avoid Costly Legal Mistakes in the Workplace: Top 10 Do’s and Don’ts for 2018
Tom Thornton, Chief Operating Officer of JMT Consulting, stated, “It’s very important to JMT that we provide exceptional leadership-oriented content for our audience at INNOVATE. Our Financial Leadership speakers bring insights on regulatory changes, financial and technology best practices, and other topics that are current, relevant issues facing our nonprofit audience in 2018.”
JMT Consulting, celebrating its 27th year in business, started INNOVATE in 2005 as a way to train and network with other nonprofit finance professionals. It has grown to include a focus on forward-thinking trends, and best practices as well as technology solutions in the nonprofit financial space. INNOVATE is an all-in-one opportunity to get formal training, learn best practices, and network with other users.
Click here to register or learn more about INNOVATE.
About JMT Consulting
JMT Consulting (jmtconsulting.com) is a leading national provider of software and consulting services to charter schools, community healthcare organizations, nonprofits, and governmental organizations. JMT Consulting Group offers a variety of services including hosting, business process improvement, implementation, system selection and system integration as well as a broad portfolio of software solutions.