This post was published as part of our guest blog series by our software partner, Sage Intacct, the fastest-growing, most robust nonprofit financial management solution available.
The need for control over the budget has never been greater. Equally critical today is the need to quickly adjust plans with minimal confusion.
If you’re struggling with Excel but not yet in the market for a high end budgeting solution – Sage Intacct Budgeting and Planning might be the perfect tool for your organization. Here are 10 ways you might benefit from this add on module:
1. Control the process – Everyone works on the latest version, knows who updated the budget and when, creates and save multiple scenarios within a single budget, and gets a better handle on your process.
2. Collaborate across the organization – Easily invite department heads to build or edit their budgets, present plan or budget options to management, create multiple what-if scenarios, and dig into the details.
3. Secure your data – Move sensitive data out of spreadsheets and emails and into a single, secure solution. Limit access to budgets and payroll data with user-level security.
4. Tackle budgeting and planning challenges – Easily model revenue and expenses and create cash plans using pre-defined templates (without spreadsheet errors!).
5. Streamline everyday tasks – With Excel-like formulas, best practices, and pre-built functionality, budget owners can take advantage of an easy-to-use interface and intuitive navigation.
6. What-if, what-if, and what-if again. Create multiple scenarios by changing drivers and assessing the potential impact to your business.
7. Execute the job that matters – Forget about building a cumbersome spreadsheet infrastructure. Instead, focus on strategic plans that exploit business opportunity and sidestep risks.
8. Implement with ease – Leverage you Sage Intacct financial data, account structures, and dimensions along with best-practice templates to get up and running in a few days or even a few hours.
9. Compare and model based on actuals – Get actuals from your financials into your budgets and plans with just a few clicks for quick comparison and what-f scenarios.
10. Manage for success – Automatically update your Sage Intacct dashboard reports that reference your budget and forecast data. Easily compare current performance vs. plans and drill from reports to budgeting and planning details.
Sage Intacct Budgeting and Planning is an easy-to-use, yet powerful, cloud solution for smaller businesses. Deploy it in just a few days and say “goodbye” to the spreadsheet headaches.
To learn more about Sage Intacct Budgeting and Planning and determine if it’s the right fit for your organization, chat with one of our experts.