Planning for your nonprofit’s future can be an invigorating process. However, in today’s constantly changing environment it can also be a challenge. In this session, Jane Brody and Tony Pillari discuss various ways you can work to define your organization’s future goals and priorities.
They cover 5 principles of strategic planning:
- How to design a strategic planning process that engages your organization from top to bottom and creates a sense of ownership of your plan.
- How to create the three parts of an effective strategic plan: your strategic vision, including your real estate strategy, your financial model, and your implementation plan.
- How to develop an integrated real estate strategy that meets employee and stakeholder requirements and responds to changes in the marketplace.
- How to execute your strategic plan, monitor your progress against your goals, and make periodic revisions to the plan when needed.
- How to manage and use real estate assets in a way that optimizes the execution of your strategy and maximizes and return on investment.