Why JMT recommends Adaptive Insights
Most nonprofits employ the same method to manage their budgeting process: Lots of Excel worksheets. The burden of pushing multiple worksheets with lots of stakeholders, managing through multiple revisions and keeping the process on track usually falls to the finance team, making budget season a difficult time of year. Combine that with a weak General Ledger and you have a recipe for doing not just your budgeting, but also your budget reporting in Excel.
JMT recommends Adaptive Insights to nonprofits that want improved workflow, a more secure and consistent repository of budget data while sacrificing none of the configurability and flexibility of spreadsheets. By moving to a powerful budgeting & planning tool like Adaptive Insights, nonprofits can build a model that focuses on the drivers and inputs that are the real operational factors affecting results versus wrestling with the tools.
How Nonprofits Benefit
Key benefits realized by nonprofits using Adaptive Insights:
- One version of the truth – since all budget data is securely stored in Adaptive, nonprofits don’t have to worry about lots of different versions of spreadsheets containing similar information
- Flexibility to handle any kind of nonprofit structure – whether your organization receives grants or contracts, has foreign operations denominated in another currency or has a complex, multi-entity structure, or all of the above – Adaptive Insights can be configured to meet your requirements
- Ability to easily exchange data with your accounting software or other sources of relevant organizational data (payroll, donor management).
Why nonprofits choose to work with JMT to implement Adaptive Insights
Nonprofits work with JMT Consulting to implement Adaptive Insights because JMT brings the right combination of expertise with Adaptive and experience in the nonprofit space.
- Dozens of successful Adaptive Insights implementations across a variety of different types and sizes of nonprofits
- Over 26 years of experience implementing nonprofit financial management solutions for nonprofits exclusively
- Consulting staff drawn from the nonprofit industry including former senior financial managers at nonprofits as well as consultants who have worked in public nonprofit practice
Interested in learning more? Watch our quick Adaptive overview video.