Why JMT recommends MIP®
When nonprofit organizations grow beyond a certain size, particularly when they begin to see material revenue from more than one source, the weakness of off-the-shelf bookkeeping tools, such as QuickBooks, becomes apparent. Tracking income by funding source, restrictions, functional categories and other aspects of each transaction becomes unmanageable over time.
JMT recommends MIP® to nonprofits that are looking for a cost-effective True Fund Accounting solution that will allow them to meet all regulatory, audit and funder reporting requirements, but also provide a secure, scalable platform for growth. The “MIP” name has been at the top of the quality and user-satisfaction ratings of fund accounting software for over 30 years as evidenced by their extremely high customer loyalty.
How Nonprofit Organizations benefit
Key benefits realized by nonprofits using MIP:
- Built from the ground up to do nonprofit fund accounting. Built for nonprofits.
- Robust, table-driven multi-dimensional chart of accounts allows even the most complex nonprofit financial reporting models (grants, locations, projects, departments, funds, employees, and much more) to be accommodated with ease.
- Multiple deployment and licensing options allow for either on-premises or hosted deployment as well as subscription (SaaS) licensing options. MIP Fund Accounting (on-premises) and MIP Cloud are the two editions available.
- Comprehensive functionality for core financial management as well as in-house payroll and HR in one integrated solution
Why nonprofits choose to work with JMT to implement MIP
Nonprofits work with JMT Consulting to implement MIP because JMT brings the right combination of expertise with MIP and experience in the nonprofit space.
- Over 1,000 MIP implementations across a variety of different types and sizes of nonprofits over the last 15+ years
- Over 27 years of experience implementing nonprofit financial management solutions for nonprofits exclusively
- Consulting staff is drawn from the nonprofit industry including former senior financial managers at nonprofits as well as consultants who have worked in public nonprofit practice
Want more information? Watch our quick 3-minute video on MIP.
MIP® and true fund accounting™ are trademarks and registered trademarks of Community Brands.